Dear Singapore SCBWIies,
Our Sketch n' Scribble walk through the Botanic Gardens on April 17th was an absolute delight! So much so that the five of us that attended are super keen to do it again. Some possible locations for our next outing include Sungei Buloh and the Junk Shop on the ring road near Turf City. Our walk, which was slow and steamy and involved a lot of sitting in the shade, listening, breathing and capturing the experience through paper and pen. A huge thank you to the incredibly talented David Liew for running the show and inspiring us all.
Lunch in the airconditioning afterwards gave us plenty of time to catch up and talk shop. For those of you who missed the event, we enjoyed ourselves so much we will definitely plan some more. Also, we have plenty more activities scheduled for the coming months so check the details below and save the dates. We hope to see you there.
Don't forget to post your manuscripts this week !
The SCBWI Singapore Online Critique Group is a new forum where SCBWI Singapore members can give and receive monthly critiques on their work in progress (be it manuscripts or illustrations).
The aim of the group is to provide us with a place to chat, discuss works in progress, give and take advice on how to improve, receive encouragement to keep going when you’re feeling disheartened, and receive support and friendship from fellow creators.
If you are interested in joining the group please let me know and I will provide you with more information about how it all works.
Please note, you must be a current Singapore SCBWI member to participate in this forum.
- Fattoush (Romane lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, radish, garnished with summac and dried mint topped with extra virgin olive oil and toasted pita bread)
- Hummus (chickpea puree with sesame paste topped with extra virgin olive oil served)
- Baba Ghanoush (char-grilled eggplant with mixed capsicum topped with extra virgin olive oil)
- Moutabal (aubergine puree topped with extra virgin olive oil)
- Pita Bread
- Falafel (deep-fried fava beans croquettes served with tahina sauce)
- Cheese Roll (Deep fried pastry with feta cheese filling)
- Shish Taouk (Chicken cubes specially marinated overnight with Lebanese herbs & spices, char-grilled to perfection)
- Lamb Kebab Kofta (Char-grilled minced lamb with Arabic herbs & spices)
- Mousakaa (Char-grilled eggplant cooked with chickpeas & onions, stewed with tomato sauce)
- Vermicelli Rice